A Sneak Peek into Essential Areas of Agribusiness
Agribusiness is the business of agricultural production that includes agrichemical, breeding, crop production, distribution of firm machineries, processing, seed supply as well as marketing and retail sales along with farming and contract farming. The institutional agents of food and fibre value change also influence the agribusiness system. Bennett Kireker is one of the leading businessmen in the agribusiness arena who has in recent times helped more than 20 farms across U.S. and has acquired agricultural machineries and tools which have helped in production maximization. The four basic areas in agriculture that are gaining momentum in technical advances are: food, sensors, engineering and automation. All these help in covering the wide aspects from production to manufacturing process.
A detailed description about the basic necessities of the four essential factors is discussed below.
· Air & soil sensors: these sensors help in understanding of current farm, forest or body of water conditions.
· Equipment telemetric: these allow mechanical devices such as tractors to warn mechanics that a failure is likely to occur soon.
· Livestock biometrics: Fly GPS APK, RFID and biometrics helps to identify and relay vital information about the livestock in real time.
· Crop sensors: Instead of using field fertilization before application, high-resolution crop sensors inform application equipment of correct amounts needed.
· Infrastructural health sensors: these are used for monitoring vibrations and material conditions in buildings, bridges, factories, farms and other infrastructure.
· Genetically designed food: this includes the creation of entirely new strains of food animals and plants in order to better biological address and physiological needs.
· In vitro meat: Commonly known as cultured meat or tube-steak, it is a flesh product that has never been part of a complete, living animal. Although no meat for public consumption is yet made.
· Variable rate swath control: these helps in building on existing geo-location technologies, future swath control could save on seed, minerals, fertilizer and herbicides by reducing overlapping inputs.
· Rapid iteration selective breeding: it is the next generation of selective breeding where the end-result is analyzed quantitatively, where the improvements are suggested algorithmically.
· Agricultural robots: generally termed as agbots, are used to automate agricultural processes, such as harvesting, fruit picking, ploughing, soil maintenance, weeding, planting, irrigation, and many more.
· Precision agriculture: these help farming management based on observing intra-field variations with satellite imagery and advanced sensors. It helps farmers to optimize returns on inputs while preserving resources at ever larger scales.
· Robotic farm swarms: this provides a combination of dozens of agbots along with microscopic sensors. Conjointly they would monitor, predict, cultivate and extract crops from the land with practically no human intervention.
· Closed ecological systems: these closed ecosystems transform waste products into oxygen, food and water in order to support life-forms inhabiting the system.
· Synthetic biology: synthetic biology is about programming biology using standardized parts. It is basically the broad redefinition and expansion of biotechnology for maintaining and enhancing human health and environment.
Bennett Kireker uses all these technologies and functions his agribusiness with much success and advancement.